Monday, September 28, 2009

Quiche #9 & Recipe

I was running low on fruits & veggies (have to make a trip to TJs tomorrow!) so a spinach & cheese quiche, whole wheat mini-blueberry muffin (recipe below), and some frozen veggies that will thaw by tomorrow. Our fridge is really bare! I don't feed him corn too often, but there's really only about a teaspoon there. He usually picks out the peas to eat first anyways, the corn ends up on the floor!
Bento #8

So, I LOVE feeding Jackson blueberries (they are one of THE powerhouse foods), but they're so dang expensive! I've tried buying frozen bags and he just won't touch them. I don't blame him, they do have a different taste. So, I modified this recipe so I could get rid of some of the freezer stash and now I'm sure he'll eat them!

Ingredients:
1 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup milk
4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 egg
1/2 cup blueberries (I think I used more like 3/4 cup)


Directions:
Preheat an oven to 400ºF. Grease or use 24 mini muffins cups.

In a bowl, stir and toss together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.

In another bowl, whisk together the milk, butter and eggs until smooth. Add the flour mixture and stir just until blended. Add the blueberries and stir just until evenly incorporated.

Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each one about three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes, then remove the muffins from the pan. Makes about 24 mini muffins.

I found this recipe from Williams Sonoma, cut the recipe in half and used whole wheat flour instead of white. They do taste a tad *healthy*, but still perfectly yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment