Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bento #8

Cantaloupe (with a cute little bear from my cutters!), blueberries, string cheese, and butternut squash.
Bento #8
I've been trying to feed Jackson so well, lots of colors from the rainbow. It is hard, because until him, I didn't realize how much of it I don't eat myself on a daily basis. So, I'm trying new things while I try to feed him healthy.

The butternut squash was a test for me. I swear I used to gag on squash when I was fed it as a child. But, I just read an article about how you can peel it with a potato peeler, cut off the ends, scoop out the seeds, cut into little cubes, drizzle with olive oil and salt, bake it at 400 degrees for 20 minutes and it gets all caramelized like "candy". Sounded good to me, and surprise, we BOTH loved it! What an easy side-dish and great leftovers for lunches!

(I bake it a tad longer and it gets a tad more crispy, reminding me a little more of french fries!)

No comments:

Post a Comment